4500 Cortland Drive, Corona del Mar, CA 92625 ● Joe.M.Klunder@gmail.com
Brown University, Providence, RI
B.A. History; May 2010 (GPA: 3.8/4.0)
University of California- Irvine, Irvine, CA; Research Assistant, Education Department (1/2009 – 6/2011)
- Interpreted data from 200 students and successful entrepreneurs to support manager’s dissertation: “Elements of Human Effectiveness: Intelligences, Abilities and Personality Traits That Predict Success and Fulfillment in Life.”
US Chamber of Commerce, Washington D.C.; Research Intern, Congressional & Public Affairs (6/2004 – 9/2004)
- Analyzed 200 pages of free trade agreement documents for publication entitled “Embracing Globalization and Free Trade Agreements”.
- Advised senior lobbyists about crucial legislation necessary for ratifying the “US-Morocco Trade Agreements” and “US- Australia Free Trade Agreements”.
- “Computerized Cognitive Training Methods to Increase Intelligence” (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Project, 2009)
- “Strategies for the Direct Enhancement of Intelligence” (International Mind and Brain Education Society, 2009)
- “Strategies for the Direct Enhancement of Intelligence” (American Educational Review Association, 2010)
- Leyrer, J., Engelman, N., Saldana, S., Rutherford, T., & Klunder, J. (2011). The development of a manual for instruction in inductive reasoning. Paper submitted to the annual meeting of the American Education Research Association, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
SAIE Academy, Shenzhen, China; History and Language Arts Teacher (8/2014 – Present)
- Teaching four courses in world history, geography, American civics and cultural studies for 30 international school students aspiring to study at elite universities around the world.
- Substitute teacher for psychology, world cultures, Western civilization, and English composition.
- Hasdil Intensive School of English, Tripoli, Libya; English Instructor (3/2014 – 7/2014)
- Taught one hundred Ministry of Interior administrators, police officers, and scholarship students to develop basic through advanced proficiency in English.
Hasdil Intensive School of English, Konya, Turkey; English Instructor (1/2014 – 2/2014)
- Substituted for two months for an intensive English school in Konya. Helped around twenty students from beginning to advanced stages of proficiency.
Laureate Vocational, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia; English Instructor (8/2013 – 1/2014)
- Completed four month substitute contract for three classes of 20 employees each in technical English certification at the HIWPT Campus in Rabigh.
Mcgill University/RCJY Project, Jubail, Saudi Arabia; English Instructor (4/2013 – 8/2013)
- Completed four month substitute contract by training two classes of 25 SABIC employees in basic and technical English certification.
Substitute ESL Trainer, Seoul, South Korea; English Language Instructor (6/2011 – 6/2012)
- Completed short-term substitute teaching contracts for BCM Language Center, Pagoda, and Poly School.
- Taught over 200 students basic English communication and cultural competencies.
Wordsmart, San Diego, CA; Research Associate (3/2008 – 9/2008)
- Evaluated ~50 books, research articles, websites, to write over 200 new exercise problems and 20 pages of literary content for Wordsmart 2.0, a language and literature development application.
Alumni of the Ivy League, New York, New York; Executive Director (2/2012 – Present)
- Helped founder Osman Niazi grow online networking program to 95,000+ members from alumni networks of the Ivy League, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, London School of Economics, Insead.
Prep Works, Cleveland, Ohio; Co-Founder and Programming Developer (1/2011 – 10/2011)
- Co-developed free, online step-by-step training program to prepare native English and ESL students for the GED test.
- Generated over 15,000 hits from over 30 different countries around the world.
Cognition Exploratory Learning Digital Age (CELDA) (10/2010 – 10/2011)
- Presented “Computerized Cognitive Training Methods to Increase Intelligence” to online conference
- Reviewed over 30 different presentations in both 2010 and 2011.
Brain Boost, Irvine, CA; Program Development Associate (12/2009 – 6/2011)
- Designed, proposed, obtained funding, and executed study of educational interventions designed to increase working memory, inductive reasoning, language development and other cognitive skills necessary for academic and vocational success.
Frontier, Providence, RI; Founder and Co-Director (9/2004 – 6/2005)
- Proposed, researched, designed, and co-directed non-profit that provided extensive SAT preparation for students at Hope High School, yielding an average improvement of 300 points.
Youth Community Organization Serving Others (Y.C.O.S.O.), CA; Founder and Director (2000 – 2003)
- Managed 18 volunteers in project that delivered $100,000 worth of food clothes, toys, and living essentials from 12 local donors and businesses to soup kitchens, homeless shelters and senior centers.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (2009)
- Awarded $2000 to conduct a monetary award to conduct promising research in educational psychology research project “Computerized Cognitive Training Methods to Increase Intelligence”.
- Proposal published in annual UCI research awards journal.
Brown University Internship Assistance Program (2004)
- Awarded $5000 for conducting internship at US Chamber of Commerce.
Gene Autry Humanitarian Award (2003)
- Awarded by Disney Company to recognize exemplary service to the community.
- Currently head of Community Service Club at SAIE International School.
Encouraging Social Justice through Individual Initiative and Education
- Founded four community service projects that aimed at improving: General welfare of disadvantaged populations through improved transportation networks (YCOSO), College preparedness for lower socio-income high school students, especially on the SAT (Frontier), Development of key cognitive analytical processes crucial to educational success (Brainboost), Basic adult literacy and academic skill development (Prepworks)
- Taught in five foreign countries: South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Libya, China.
- Traveled to ten other foreign countries: Canada, Mexico, Bahrain, Jordan, England, Tunisia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Nepal.