Basics of International Education
Posted on June 12, 2018
I have been thinking endlessly about the “Joe Klunder Education Challenge”. What are the basics we all need to know about international education?
Encapsulates things well:
To me, it’s six things:
- Early Childhood Education = Social Skills
- ESL = Listening and Speaking in Appropriate Social Contexts
- 10 Years of Foundational and Diversity Skills = Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies + Optional Foreign Language
- 2-3 Years Community College = Trying Out Vocational, Associate Professional, Bachelor’s Professional, and Grad School Preparation
- Specialization at UniversityVocational = Welding, Carpentry, Etc
Associate Professional = Paralegal, Accounting, Etc.
Bachelor’s Professional = IT, Accounting, Engineering
Grad School Prep = Research
- Perform at the Job, Get More Training, or Do Something Else In Section 4 and 5